Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Scuba Diving and Dolphin Kissing ~ Isla Del Rosario (Colombia)

So we decided to conclude our time in Cartagena with a water adventure to some hoity toity islands--las Islas del Rosario. Ramin is offically a certified scuba diver!

The adventure began at a gorgeous resort, Hotel San Pedro de Majaguas. From there, we zipped to various diving sites with rolling corral reefs. To be expected, I spent most of my time inverted, playing with the weightlessness that only diving and moon-walks can offer! Once Ramin completed his confined water drills, he joined me on our excusions in open water.

During the dive we explored a 50 year old ship wreck, over-taken by underwater life. Our drive instructor signaled me to enter the dark cabin below the deck. With my feet above me, I dipped my head into the dark cavern, then chickened out and insisted that the instructor come in with me. I mean, come on, there could be sharks in there and heck if I am going first! :) Once inside, our eyes acclimated to find no dangerous fish, but air pockets bubbling above us. Totally wild considering the ship sank five decades ago.

After a restless night at our very second class accommodations in which semi-domesticated dogs barked for 3 straight hours outside our shack, my very generous love splurged and upgraded us to the fancy hotel on the coast for our 8 month anniversary. It was soooo gorgeous and incredibly romantic!

We wrapped up our time on the islands with a boat tour of celebrity waterfront homes, then on to an island acquarium! You guessed it, persistent Amanda found a way to half-fulfill one of her life dreams--to play with dolphins (swimming with them is next on the list)! I got lots of kisses from dolphin Rosie (how appropriate) who had skin like the top of an infants head. Such a thrill!









































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment